08 Oct Build for the Cure – Celebrating 5th Anniversary
E.S. Johnson Builders is proud to celebrate its 5th year of providing the building industry with the ability to raise funds and awareness for the Susan G. Komen Charlotte affiliate.
Build for the Cure is the charity established by Eric Johnson that builds show homes to raise awareness and funds for the Susan G Komen Charlotte Affiliate, the global leader of the breast cancer movement. As the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists, they are working together to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures.
They have built two homes to date in the Charlotte NC area and through a partnership with Dreamstar Custom Homes, a good friend of Eric’s, two more have been built in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. “It is true honor to have met and be involved with the entire Komen organization, not just the employees, but the board members, the volunteers, and most importantly the survivors. The stories over the years have been filled with hope, some sorrow, joy and inspiration.
I’d thank each and every person that I have met over the last five years but want to point out some special people.
- Trisha Chambers our home designer, who is a survivor herself, who never spoke of her own experience with breast cancer until after she had designed two house for us and donated so much of her time to the cause choosing instead to quietly help.
- Gloria Scienski – past Director of Susan G. Komen Charlotte affiliate, who allowed us to forge into new territory with this idea of a show home.
- Vicki Payne – Host and Producer of “For Your Home” television show who displayed our homes as the subject of her show for two years.
- My staff – who’s tireless efforts made the show special.
- My wife Tammy who doesn’t get to see me to often as the show is on. Her support is never ending.
If you interesting in partnering with us for the next Build for the Cure home, please contact Eric Johnson at 704-987-7950